Preliminary (FEED) engineering is a so–called preparatory stage before the commencement of survey, design, engineering and construction work, the task of which is to determine the prospects and risks of the facility construction or modernization. Within this stage, any facility is considered as an investment project and is analyzed from the point of view of its economic prospects and technical component.
Within the standard FEED engineering works, ASP-AQUA specialists perform as follows:
- development of general technical solutions (GTS);
- feasibility study (FS);
- process audit of facilities.
GTS development – is the main stage of FEED works, where we collect and analyze the input data, materials about the future facility, as well as develop efficient technical and proces solutions for the main engineering networks and communications (power supply, water supply, water drainage, heat supply, ventilation, sewerage, alarm, communications, automation, etc.)
The GTS development result is as follows:
- description of the technological processes and production diagrams;
- selection of the necessary process equipment to perform the enterprise functions;
- determination of the engineering resources that are necessary for the technological process;
- calculation of the required production and office personnel, their qualifications;
- preparation of the terms of reference for design.
A feasibility study (FS) is a justification of the economic expediency and technical validity of the design, construction or reconstruction of the production facility.
During the FS development, ASP-AQUA performs as follows:
- collection of the information about the facility;
- calculation of the technical parameters of the facility;
- justification of the adopted technical solutions;
- analysis of economic indicators, energy, raw materials-based and other costs;
- comprehensive assessment and justification of the design or construction of the facility, including the payback period and projected profitability.
- possibilities and expediency of new construction/modernization;
- safety of a hazardous production facility;
- process, layout, structural and space-planning solutions;
- engineering and technical solutions (power supply, water supply, water drainage, heating, ventilation, sewerage, automation, etc.);
- environmental protection, fire safety measures.
- estimates of the estimated cost of construction of the facility;
- list of the engineering and financial resources necessary for the project implementation;
- projected economic profitability of the facility construction.
- provision of optimal project implementation options;
- calculation of the project implementation term and cost, taking into account the requirements and capabilities of the facility owner;
- project profitability calculation;
- development of a facility construction / modernization / reconstruction plan;
- identification of potential risks when choosing a particular project implementation option.
The project FEED and analysis from the point of view of economic prospects and technical capabilities, carried out by ASP-AQUA specialists, will enable the business owner/ investor, as well as the contractor, to significantly reduce the risks of construction projects /modernization of inefficient and technically difficult-to implement or unrealizable technical solutions.